Friday 4 April 2008

I like who I am, but hate myself

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible. I think it's in my basement... let me go upstairs and check. ~M.C. Escher

"I do not choose to dream;there cometh on me
Some strange old lust for deeds"
-In the Old Age of the Soul, Ezra Pound

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia. ~Charles Schulz

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia. ~ E.L. Doctorow

And I listen for the whispers
Of your sweet insanity
As I formulate denials
Of your effect on me
-The Stranger, A Perfect Circle (Maynard James Keenan)

A courage is needed, as deep as despair
-The Sight, David Clement-Davies

Light shines brighter in darker places
-Alison Croggon

The body is trapped in reality; but the mind is free to roam the oblivion of fiction and fantasy.

The past lingers with smells, the present is full of them, and the future uses our imagination.

No comments: