Thursday 3 April 2008

Vent Loose (Rebellion)

November 15, 07

Through war and blood shed
Grotesque and gruesome
I am the mutineer of war
I am peace

A battle rages in environment; in soul
My personal belief of right and wrong
And the political Commandments of God*
“Go to war! Fight for your Country!”
But I hear, “Fight someone else’s battles!”

Can I justify my act of obduracy?
Can you justify your act of futility?
Fight for yourself! I love my country
But I love my soul and family needs
Do not put chains on my free working hands

I will not kill man as a beast is known
I am the new rebellion for the Political Lord
Of superficial ego and esteemed minds
I will not bend to my knees or kill for you
Nor for anybody else- This is judgment at any cost

I stand in front of my Commander
Between my rights and loyalty
Clad in army green turned red
I am a deserter

Through discriminating stares
Conformity and independence
I am the rebellion or society
I am alone

But is it fair that we have become so thick
That a gun to our face tells us our justification
He is wrong or right depending on size of his “posse”
The war isn’t just on the battle field
But of the social chain of society

Become the new Rebellion of the new age
Not a follower or soldier but a person
Out wit with strategies and leave them behind
Not as a soldier, but as a human being

I will raise my voice, but not in a yell
Do not dare send me to a mine field
Going down in flames with either death
Gun between the eyes or through the heart
Love for country, Loyalty. Or fear

I stand before my fellow people
Between my dreams and glares
“Out of sight-out of mind”
I am Alone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*=Reference to the Christian Ten Commandments-irony)

No comments: