Monday 12 May 2008

Rag Doll

May 12, 08

Petal eyes, Plucked with your love,
Or hate,
Patch worked with memoirs of slaves,
Cross-stitched 'happiness' on my,
Virgin womb.
Steal my petal eyes, I'll cry ravels
Of string,
That will depict tales of lies when stroked.

Like a voodoo doll, I am your vent,
And weapon,
Yet always seemingly the victim.
Paradox ephemeral eternity sounds,
Pretty,
Enough for me to write it on my arm,
To remember,
That I loved how much you ripped me.

There was once a shyness, around edges,
You said,
But there was a boldness in my eyes
Now covered with funeral lace like coffee mats,
Funny,
That I believed my story began at night,
Cryptic,
Yet I felt the something of mine blooming.

*
Charmed by the smell of lies,
I came,
And came,
Just as you asked.
You stole,
And stole,
Just as you wanted.

No comments: