Wednesday 17 December 2008

Matching You

Dec 16, 08

This is the introduction of you and me

If you are the lightning blue of the sea
left in the sunshine collecting sparkles,

I'm then the burnt red from the fire
left in the ground to ember and fade.

If you took our essences and mixed
shook, swirled, tampered with over...

We'd still not mix in that soluble way,
We'd merely slam against each other.

Slam against each other

And this is: You and I

How we like how we only link and not
mix despite swirls, shakes, or tampering.

I'm the fire in your heart and you are
the ice that slips us forward in thrill.

Together we were nothing more than
what we were when we were apart

Yet less of what we were to ourselves,
I like the way I am with you, vice versa.

Vice Versa

Take the petals of purple flowers and red
And yellow and brown and thorn branches
Bite them and take a picture of my mouth.

Take a picture of those words I send to you
Through my eyes, the way I let myself sigh,
Lastly, take a picture of yourself watching me.

Watch Me
Match You.

No comments: