Monday 22 September 2008

Just for You

Terribly old, written:
November 2, 2007
...Today I oddly remembered it, fondly so. I had written a comment under it saying, "I'm not ready to say it,"
Today I am. The words aren't as strong, but there is the memory, for me, for how much it meant.

*

Trying to be an angel for you

With the light of innocence and love shining
That's in my eyes, and the soft glow of my body
I will be that light
That serves to guide
Your safe harbor, when you are falling apart

With the wings of protection and security
That graces me, with the strength it gives me
I will be the place
That’s promised to be safe
Your place to run to, when you can’t take anybody

With the strength of my heart and soul
That came from your gifted hands and words
I’m sorry
Don’t worry
I will be here when the world crumbles and burns

Trying to be an angel for you

No comments: