Sunday 28 September 2008

In Retrospect

September 28, 08

Shelter me in hollow wings,
Bleeding out coal.
Take me in,
With freezing winds,
And rename me.
Bite my tongue and bind my hands,
Close my eyes.
Never let die.

Drunken waltz stepping toes,
Don't lean in so close,
Break my finger tips,
While kissing my lips,
And snarl I'm not worth it.
And I'm not worth it.
Close my eyes.
Never let die.

I'll smile back at your smile,
The reflection behind your head,
Mirrored walls crack with mourning,
And feet slow to move,
I'll name myself and blow a kiss,
Drink warm water.
Close my eyes.
And never let die.

2 comments:

Will_Shaw said...

You shouldn't be awake at four in the morning, Rachel.
Write me one for the future.

Color Changed said...

Right, It is on my to do list...

And I like being awake at four...so few of anybody else is. =]