Saturday 21 June 2008

Elixir

June 21, 08

Tendrils of green branches snapped in two
Lingering yarns of it still grasping out
Begging to rid themselves of the burden
The burden of the green to deep red

The grapes having to be mixed with water
The shell expanding to be mine mirror
Slithering past, the ones I touch too dark
The ones just right I cannot reach yet

The serpent with deadly viper in dreams
Not quite a nightmare to the most of you
Too enchanting to scream as I follow you
Your glance matched mine and skin too

Death isn't falling into an abyss of such
Just lay your naked body upon mine bed
Wisps of shadows make your coverlet
And the vines will unlink themselves

Drop your steady branches to flow freely
Swirl with me in the pools we've forgot
The names shall not be etched in stone
Though consciously we name them "Vice".



-
Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing (John 15:45)

-http://www.desiringgod.org/AboutUs/MonthlyNewsletter/2007_01/
*
The serpent is Temptation (Satan some will know him by)

In the piece, I won't go into specifics, but the piece revolves around that previous chapter in the Christian Bible how we (people, humans,) are the branches, and "God" is the vine, we are supposed to cling to him and he bears fruits, we do not. Throughout it depicts the battle of temptation and human nature of greed to create our own "fruits".

No comments: